Last Updated: January 7, 2019
MICS consists of:
- the MICS mobile application running on Android or iOS operating systems, through which individual users enter and access information;
- the MICS Web service API which provides secure storage and access to emergency management analytics and resources; and
- the MICS Administrative Web Site which provides a browser-based interface for administering organizational emergency management records.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We use the information gathered to better understand Your needs, to improve the contents of Our web pages and to monitor technical performance of Our network. The information We gather falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by users to the Service through optional registration; and (2) other information gathered as users navigate through the Service.
Information You Provide To Us.
We may collect and store information, personal or otherwise, that You voluntarily supply either while using Our Service, or in responding via email in connection with a feature provided on Our System, Service and/or Site. Some examples of this type of information include, without limitation, demographic information and personal information (such as Your name or email address) that You electronically submit to Us for purposes such as registration for certain features on Our Site, signing up for email newsletters or posting comments on message boards or any public posting areas on Our System, Service and/or Site. We may also ask for information (including a credit card number) from users who make a purchase or conduct other transactions on Our System, Service and/or Site. The information supplied helps Us to provide the product or service requested, offer You more personalized features, and tailor the System, Service and/or Site to Your interests. Supplying such information is entirely voluntary. However, if You choose not to supply information requested, We may be unable to provide You with services offered to users of the System, Service and/or Site.
We also may collect and store information that is generated automatically as You navigate through Our System, Service and/or Site. For example, We may employ a standard feature of browser software called a “cookie” to assign each user a unique, random number that resides on a user’s computer. We may collect and store device IDs and associate them with a userid. If a cookie is used, Your preferences may be recorded or Your behavior tracked, but We will be unable to identify the user unless You voluntarily identify Yourself (by entering your login information to access the Service, for instance). Through Our thirdparty cloud-based service providers, We may join a device ID to Your username and, in that way, a visit from a known device will identify You as the user.
Our System, Service and/or Site’s servers automatically collect limited information about Your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address. The IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send data such as the web pages users view. An IP address does not personally identify a user. We use this information to deliver the System, Service and/or Site’s content to You upon request and to measure traffic within the System, Service and/or Site.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION. We use the information We collect in a variety of ways, including using the information to customize features and advertising that appear on the System, Service and/or Site. We also may provide Your information to third parties, such as service providers, contractors, and sponsors, for a variety of purposes.
Our Use of Information.
The information We gather and collect enables Us to provide the System, Service and/or Site, and to help You partake of Our Services. You agree that We may use Your information to:
- Contact You for customer service purposes;
- Contact You to inform You of important changes or additions to Our System, Service and/or Site, or the services offered through Our System, Service and/or Site;
- Send You administrative notices, offers and any other communications that We believe may be of interest to You; Operate, improve and maintain Our products and services, including analyzing user behavior; and
- Administer promotions, provide features and display relevant content to You.
You may withdraw Your permission and prevent Our use of Your information by contacting Us using the contact information below.
Information We Share.
You consent to Our sharing of information for the purposes described below:
- Service Providers and Contractors: We reserve the right to disclose to service providers and contractors all of the information that We collect online about You and other visitors to conduct business on Our behalf. These activities could include processing payments, maintaining the System, Service and/or Site, and providing business services to Us or to You.
- By Law or to Protect Rights: We may disclose information when We believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to enforce our intellectual property rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Us and Our employees, and if necessary to defend against third-party claims. We may also disclose information when requested to comply with a court order, investigation, or governmental request.
- With Your Consent: We may share information when You provide Us with Your consent to do so. This may occur when You consent affirmatively or it may occur through Your use of the System, Service and/or Site as provided in this Policy. For instance, when You request information or services from Our affiliates, partners, service providers, or other third parties through Us, or when You post information to Our System, Service and/or Site, You provide Your consent for Us to share that information with others.
- We Won’t Sell your Information: We will not share Your personal information with any third party who is not affiliated with Us except as described in this Policy. We don’t like spam any more than You do and We will not share Your personal information to be used for the purpose of sending You unsolicited commercial offers.
Please bear in mind that whenever You voluntarily make Your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example through comments and participation in forums or through email – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides Us. We are not be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION AND OPTING OUT. If You share information with Us, You will have the opportunity to review, update, change or delete the information You have provided to Us (and that We continue to store) at any time. Please contact Us by phone, email, or postal mail using the information below to effect changes.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION. All information gathered on Our System, Service and/or Site is stored within a database accessible only by Us on a commercial cloud-based server. We will use industry standard measures to protect your information, including encryption where appropriate. However, as effective as the reasonable security measures We implement may be, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of Our database, nor can We guarantee that information supplied will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
ONLINE TRACKING. We currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our websites or use Our services (unless otherwise stated in a service-specific privacy statement).
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN UNION USERS
“Personal Information”. Personal Information shall mean, without limitation, all information used to identify a user of the System, Service and/or Site, whether provided directly or indirectly to Us, such as, email address, password, tokens, login credentials, user information, and the like.
About IP Addresses. Our cloud-based servers record the incoming IP addresses of visitors to Our websites and store the IP addresses in log files. We use these log files for purposes such as system administration and maintenance, record keeping, tracking referring web sites, inferring Your location, and security purposes (e.g. controlling abuse, spam and DDOS attacks). We also store IP addresses along with certain actions You take on Our System, Service and/or Site. By agreeing to this Policy, You expressly consent to Us using Your IP address for the purposes described herein. If You wish to opt out from the foregoing consent to use Your IP address, You must cancel Your account (if you have one).
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information. We want You to know what information You have shared with Us and so We permit You to access and correct the personal information that We collect and maintain from You through Your use of the System, Service and/or Site. This right may be exercised by contacting Us at email address: email@example.com.
Your Responsibilities. By using Our System, Service and/or Site, You agree to comply with applicable data protection requirements when collecting and using Your survey data, such as requirements to inform respondents about the specific uses and disclosures of their data.
Consents. By using any of Our System, Service and/or Site, You expressly consent to the following:
- You consent to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of Your Personal Information in the manner described in this Policy, including Our procedures relating to cookies, IP addresses and log files.
- You consent to the transfer and processing of Your Personal Information in the United States by us and/or Our then-current commercial cloud-based server.
- You consent and agree that We may transfer Your Personal Information to data processors located in countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary, and You may revoke Your consent by opting out at any time. Please note that if You opt-out, We may no longer be able to provide You Our System, Service and/or Site.
- You consent to Us sharing Your Personal Information with relevant persons working for service providers who assist Us to provide Our System, Service and/or Site.
SECURITY STATEMENT. If and when a user accesses secured areas of Our System, Service and/or Site, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology protects user information using both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that user data is safe, secure, and available only to authorized persons.
Our information and data obtained is hosted and maintained by a commercial cloud-based hosting service and server that uses a firewall, intrusion detection systems, and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. The data center is a highly protected environment with several levels of physical access security and twenty-four (24) hour surveillance.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is perfectly secure. Therefore, We cannot guarantee absolute security. If We learn of a security systems breach that affects certain users, then We will attempt to notify those users electronically so that they can take appropriate protective steps.
718 Sutter St, Ste 108
Folsom, CA 95630